Monday, March 16, 2009

Um, actually....

Am I the only one that derives intense satisfaction from incidents in which some stranger comments on how cute some other stranger's baby is but mistakenly uses the incorrect pronoun? You know what I mean:

Stranger 1: "Awww, what a cute little girl."
Stranger 2: "Um, actually he's a boy."
Stranger 1: "Excuse me while I swallow my own tongue, an act I deem to be less uncomfortable than the embarassment I would suffer from lingering and attempting to justify my ignorant remark."

This is one of the best things I can conceive of and I wish it happened at least once a day. Maybe I'm the only one, but if you can't laugh at an ugly, sexually ambiguous baby, what can you laugh at?

1 comment:

Tdks said...

My disapointment in your lack of writing, and the fact your last posting was on an ugly baby, defies words.

My disapointment can only be shown with interpretative dance, which you obviously can't see.